1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

*Stories with musical instruments for sound effects*

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by charly23, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Read the story 'were going on a bear hunt' with foundation class and then we used instruments for the bits we had to go through i.e.grass, mud, snowstorm e.t.c. They really enjoyed this and would love to do it again with different stories but struggling for ideas....please help! Thank you

2. Read the story 'were going on a bear hunt' with foundation class and then we used instruments for the bits we had to go through i.e.grass, mud, snowstorm e.t.c. They really enjoyed this and would love to do it again with different stories but struggling for ideas....please help! Thank you

3. We use instruments with The Gingerbread Man, The Three Billy Goat's Gruff, The Three Little Pigs any traditional tale seems to work well or any story you know really well as a class. Nursery Rhymes also work well. Best wishes

4. What about Peace at last I have used musical instruments with this book with great effect and motivation from the children

Littlestones

5. Ibuzzybea

Ibuzzybea Occasional commenter

Goodnight Owl, Pat Huchins
    Little Monster did it, Helen cooper
    What's that noise franchesca Simon
    Bear snores on Karma wilson
    Dinosaur Roar henrietta stickland

6. Brilliant Msz - you beat me to it!

7. My class loved it when we did Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy

8. 'Ten Tapping Teddies' - short stories/ditties with sounds - brilliant for year R!