1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stories with familiar settings

Discussion in 'Primary' started by katiepridding, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Hi, I'm teaching a year 3/4 class this year and our topic is Treasure. I'm looking for a book to read for the stories with familiar settings unit in literacy, but I'm really stuck because I can't find books involving familiar settings for the correct age children! Any advice on suitable books would be greatly received. Thank you in advance.

2. Hi, I'm teaching a year 3/4 class this year and our topic is Treasure. I'm looking for a book to read for the stories with familiar settings unit in literacy, but I'm really stuck because I can't find books involving familiar settings for the correct age children! Any advice on suitable books would be greatly received. Thank you in advance.

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. choccietwirl

choccietwirl New commenter

We use the ideas from these lists - Texts that Teach. There are several examples. My favourite is Lucky Dip, the sequence based around a short film from the BfI
    http://www.devonldp.org/v.asp?level2id=391&level3=2288&rootid=17&level2=391&depth=3&folderid=2288

5. Thank you both very much, these links have been really useful!