1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stories with familiar settings

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jellybellysmum, Jun 14, 2008.

1. For the lit topic of stories with familiar settings I was thinking of doing school based stories for the first couple of weeks and am looking for some inspiration, anybody? I teach Y1/2 by the way and think majority will be Y1 and rest poor Y2. Thanks in advance.

2. We went with 'Peace at last', the large family stories and 'Dogger' interpresting it as homes rather than school. There is a nice Ahlberg book about starting school though...

3. I have used 'Naughty Bus' by Jan Oke and have a medium term plan for it if wanted. Setting was home but if you are familiar with the book you can use gardens and cities so interpretation can be wide.

4. Hi,

Would it be possible to get a copy of your MTP. I have an interview next week which I would like to use Naughty Bus in.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

5. Hello

I am wondering if you would mind sending me a copy of your planning for the stories with familiar settings unit that you did using Naughty Bus? I am quite new to KS1, so planning is still a bit tricky! We are working on boys' writing (who isn't!) so thought this would be a great book!
    katielouise.long@gmail.com
    With many thanks
    Katie

6. my mum and dad make me laugh
    any of the ALFIE stories
    the "doing" range by sarah garland

7. Beegu is a lovely book to cover.

8. The Tiger Who Came to Tea
    I agree about the 'Alfie' stories.

9. I wonder if you could send me the medium term plan on the naughty bus. I have a mental block at the moment.
    jslater@wsgfl.org.uk

10. stefaniemonaghan

stefaniemonaghan New commenter

11. Hi,
    I would be interested in having a peek at your MTP for Naughty Bus too, if you still have it please? I am a PGCE student in my final placement in Year 1.
    Thank you,
    Ashley ascott85@hotmail.co.uk

12. Hi,

I am wanting to use Naughty Bus with my year 1's for stories with familiar settings, also. Does anyone have a copy of the medium term plan I could use??

Thank you everyone!!

Bryony

bryony89franklin@gmail.com