1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stories with familiar settings - year 3 planning

Discussion in 'English' started by carlos0711, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Hi, I am a NQT and will be teaching a year 3 class in September. I am stuck on what texts to use and other teaching ideas for the stories with familiar settings unit.Any suggestions would be very helpful.Thanks

2. Hi, I am a NQT and will be teaching a year 3 class in September. I am stuck on what texts to use and other teaching ideas for the stories with familiar settings unit.Any suggestions would be very helpful.Thanks

3. katielou83

katielou83 New commenter

I did that a few years ago and had quite a bit of fun using Toy Story clips for setting description elements. Can't think what else we used and don't have planning to hand but it's a good starting point to get them hooked. Also, try the Hamilton trust site - will be loads of ideas in their planning and even if you don't subscribe you can still see a free over view I think. Primary resources will be a good place to look too.

good luck