1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stories with familiar settings - inspire me year 2 teachers!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lillipad, Aug 12, 2011.

1. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Taught this 2 years ago with 'Peace at last' - a book I personally love, but the kids barely responded to it and were soooo flat and uninspired by it, so this year looking to jazz the unit up a bit.

Have looked down the book lists from other threads, but a lot of the books don't mean anything to me as I haven't heard of them, so i'm looking for word of mouth recommendations please! What books have you done that the children have loved? I want them to be excited about their first unit of the year!!

2. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Taught this 2 years ago with 'Peace at last' - a book I personally love, but the kids barely responded to it and were soooo flat and uninspired by it, so this year looking to jazz the unit up a bit.

Have looked down the book lists from other threads, but a lot of the books don't mean anything to me as I haven't heard of them, so i'm looking for word of mouth recommendations please! What books have you done that the children have loved? I want them to be excited about their first unit of the year!!

3. stuffedcrust

stuffedcrust New commenter

I was recommended Posh Watson by a colleague. It looks great. I'm going to use it with a Y3 class but after reading it, I'm sure it'd be fine for Y2 also.

http://www.gillian-cross.co.uk/posh.html