1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stories told from the villains point of view

Discussion in 'Primary' started by katieflump, Jan 15, 2020.

1. katieflump

katieflump New commenter

Starting a build up to a big write with year 6 where they need to rewrite a story in role as the villain

just wondered are there any texts I can use as examples? Fairy tales told from the villains point of view ? Any videos I could show?

any ideas would be really helpful, struggled to find any resources for this

2. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

Danny Champion of the World.

3. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Occasional commenter

There's a version of 3 little pigs written from the wolf's point of view but I can't remember the name.

4. richardmthompson1

richardmthompson1 New commenter

I could possibly write a story for you based on the Three Little Pigs, Red Riding Hood or something of the sort. I'm a published author, though NOT, Not, Not (as yet) for children :)

5. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Don't think this will help with what you're looking for, but we read 'Stone Cold' by Robert Swindells as a class novel in Year 6 last year. It's a split narrative, with the villain telling his part as well as the 'hero' telling his. Kids were totally hooked.

6. vannie

vannie Star commenter

The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, Mr Wolf’s Pancakes

7. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Confessions of an Ugly Sister - Gregory Maguire (who also wrote Wicked which works for your brief too)

My favourite would be Grendel - John Gardener but it works better if the class have done some work of Beowulf. Would appeal more if your class is boy-heavy.

I think there's a Peter Pan based one too from Captain's Hook's POV