1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

stories that raise dilemmas year 4

Discussion in 'Primary' started by iamsarahlou, Feb 20, 2009.

1. I've done the fib and bill's new frock with mine - the children loved both.They found the fib very funny - just had to change some of the words to suit my class so read it first. This year I'm still going to do the fib but I'm baisng this unit around a book called how to live forever by colin thompson. It's beautiful and there is so much scope for cross curricular stuff.

With regards to the lion, the witch and the wardrobe i based stories with imaginary worlds on this book. My children created their own world and wrote descriptions about them. They were wicked.

This new framework is a pain in the *** but some of the stuff which the children have created is great! xx

2. I went on a y4 course recently and they suggested using the short film 'dangle' - its fantastic!! Its from the bfi website and its about a guy who sees a dangle hanging from the sky and whether he should pull it or not!! When he does pull it all of the lights go out!!
    The second book was one about a girl called Katie, where dad meets a new gf. Sorry I can't remember what it was called but it had some fantastic illustrations!!

3. I've just watched dangle - it's brilliant, I'm definately goign to use this. Thank you x

4. yogagirl

yogagirl New commenter

just about to check that out now! Thanks! Have just ordered the abridged version of the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe for imaginary worlds as i just wouldn't fit the other one in!

5. jessicaa7

jessicaa7 New commenter

Hi SFA, I know you posted this awhile ago but is it possible for you to email me the list of books recommended for the units? My email is: jessicaa7@hotmail.co.uk.

Thank you!! :)

Jess

6. ashlaura

ashlaura Occasional commenter