1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

stories set in imaginary worlds

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Ucan2, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Please would it be possible to send a copy of your planning. I am teaching this block to my Year 4 class after Christmas. I love The Ice Palace, but am feeling under the weather so totally uninspired with planning linked to the new framework. I'd really like to get the paper work out of the way before Christmas so would appreciate any help. Thank you so much for being willing to share.

carole.edmondson@yahoo.co.uk

2. Hi all,

I will be teaching this unit in January when I take over my new year 4 class and would really appreciate being able to look at your planning tedmabel. It is really brilliant of you to offer to do this. My email is:

julie.stock@btinternet.com

Many thanks and have a nice Christmas!

3. Leasa

Leasa New commenter

Hi Tedmabel, don't suppose i could jump on this band wagon and request to have a look at planning for this unit. I know you have been bombarded with requests but i would really appreciate a look. I covered it last year using the lion, the witch and the wardrobe but was not happy with the outcome of it and need a little inspiration to get my childrens juices following which i'm sure it would do with this unit. It really would make my xmas hols just that little bit easier. My email is: leasa19@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks in anticipation.

4. Ignis is a beautiful picture book to use, could start with that. Narnia is good but quite difficult so maybe show them the film and use extracts of the text depending on their levels.

5. Im an NQT and havent got much of a clue either so I would also be very grateful for any plans sent my way tooo. Thanks

You can get the movie version of Prince Caspian story book and its really short and thin and would be good to use.

chipie_dale@yahoo.co.uk

6. mich21761

mich21761 New commenter

Hi just read your post, I have tried to start this unit but would love some more ideas if you wouldn't mind sending me a copy of your plans also. Thanks in anticipation.

mich21761@yahoo.co.uk

7. I am also using this book, please could you send your planning to me ... thank you so much

paulashckell@hotmail.com

8. I am currently looking at Narnia with the children. Would it be possible to look at your planning for that unit?

Just decided not to continue with framework lessons as they were uninspiring.

beautifuldawn@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks so much

9. Hi, apologies for jumping on the band wagon, but I'm a year 4 NQT struggling for ideas with planning for imaginary worlds. Any chance I could have at your planning would be deeply grateful,

wingwizard_7@hotmail.com

thanks so much

10. Hi Tedmabel,

I'm an NQT year 4 teacher and really struggling for ideas with the imaginary worlds unit. Apologies to jump on a band wagon, but would it be possible to have a look at your planning for this unit. Thank you ever so much

wingwizard_7@hotmail.com

11. I know you posted this a while ago , but I would love to have a look at your planning for Stories set in imaginary worlds. I am a NQT & my planning is taking me ages!!!! Everyone keeps telling me I will get quicker but don't want to spend all of my Easter break planning!! It would be great to look at someone elses ideas as a basis.

Thanks
    debi
    cannontroonclose@hotmail.co.uk

12. Hi,
    Just came across this message in my desperate (although very last minute) attempt at planning this unit. Any chance I can get a copy of your planning please pretty please.
    :)
    biggusbirdus1@hotmail.com
    Thanks so much

13. Hi there
    I would really appreciate a copy of these plans as I will start the unit next week and I am inthe middle of planning PSCHE week for this week!!! We are also waiting for that dreaded phone call any moment!
    j.bartle102@durhamlearning.net
    Thanks so much

14. Hi,

I was wondering if I could be cheeky and ask you for a copy of that "imaginary worlds" planning.

I'm an NQT too and any help with planning is always welcome!

If you could, my e-mail is simi_k_gill@hotmail.com

thank you!

15. I would be really grateful if you could let me have a look too!!! I really need a starting point for my planning! Thanks

coolstripeszebra@hotmail.co.uk

16. I'd love to have a look at your planning too if you can add me to your list!! kathmaryj@yahoo.co.uk
    I'm doing this after half term too but our school has a creative curriculum now so I need to tie it in with our topic which is Britain at sea in the Georgian era, man-o'-war ships, Battle of Trafalgar etc. An imaginary book based on a sea/ship theme would do so I'll look at The Green Ship. Anyone have any other ideas?!

17. Dear carriecat10
    I would be very grateful for a copy of your plan - just returned to full time teaching! I remember reading the story to a class many, many years ago when medium term plans didn't exist!
    howes.sue@btinternet.com

Many thanks indeed

18. Hi Carriecat

I am new to year 4 teaching
    starting in January. My first literacy unit will be stories set
    in imaginary worlds, I would love to see how you did it. Please
    could I have a copy of your planning, I love the idea of Ice Palace-
    will try to get a copy of the story before the end of the year.
    Many thanks

giglet@hotmail.co.uk

19. Please could I have a copy of your Imaginary worlds planning?
    Thank you so much.
    pasta (dot) lover (at) live (dot) co (dot) uk