1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

stories set in imaginary worlds

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Ucan2, Oct 26, 2008.

1. tedmabel,

I am starting this topic in a few weeks. Would it be possible to e-mail your planning for this topic? jimmyredimp@hotmail.com

Thanks

2. Hi, was just doing a search on the internet on this topic as due to teach it just before christmas and came across your message. I would be really interested in having a look at your planning if you don't mind?

If you could email it to me at sazesson@hotmail.com I'd be really grateful!

Thanks

3. Hi,

Was just doing a search on the internet on this topic as I'm due to teach it just before Christmas and I cam across your message. I would be really interested in having a look at your planning if you don't mind as it sounds fab!

If you could email me a copy to sazesson@hotmail.com I would be really grateful.

Thanks!

4. Hi, I am a trainee teacher and will be teaching this unit in about 3 weeks and am completely confused at where to start planning, would you mind if I had a look at your planning too? I would REALLY appreciate it!!!!??? My email address is:

amylyall@talktalk.net

Thanks a bunch!!! :)

5. Oops!! That was for Tedmabel!! Thanks :)

6. When I was little, around 1st year juniors, a teacher called Mrs Pepper read Rebecca's World by Terry Nation to us. I remember it very well. That would be great!

7. We used Harry Potter- the children loved watching video clips.

We watched the clip 'arriving in Hogwarts' and then the children had to describe hogwarts using the 3 camera shot method:

1. Describe setting from a far.

2. Getting closer- describe the outside of the building

3. Getting closer Describing inside the building

Children then chose their own setting & described in the same way.

Other text you could use: Chronicles of narnia.

Hamilton trust website is very good & primaryresources.co.uk

8. i, Im an NQT and starting to teach this unit this week...would it be possible for you to email me your plans to sparkly31@hotmail.co.uk...would help a great deal :) thanks!!!

9. Would you mind sending me a copy of your planning?I'm teaching this unit in two weeks.

Many thanks.

Hannah.J@web.de

10. Hi tedmabel, am just starting to plan for this unit. I start next week and am being observed by my mentor. It would be fantastic if I could have a look at your planning to help me kickstart on the way.

Thanks

11. I'm due to teach this after Christmas and would really appreciate a look at your planning!!
    Thanks!!

williaca04@leedslearning.net

12. I'd be really grateful for a copy of your planning for this topic.
    Thanks in advance
    williaca04@leedslearning.net

13. Would also be interested in any planning. Have done this topic before but any new ideas will be welcome.

nicolabothwell@fsmail.net

Thanks

Also, need a text that has a DVD or audio copy for my SEN children. Anyone any ideas? I think The Lion and the Witch might be too complicated language wise.

14. I'm a NQT starting this topic this week, would it be possible for anybody to send me their planning for this unit for some ideas to have a look at, especially tedmabel as I would love to use the Ice Palace for this unit.
    My email address is shonakscott@hotmail.com
    Thankyou in advance

15. LEGH

LEGH New commenter

SORRY ABOUT THIS - YOU PROBABLY REGRET YOUR POSTING NOW!!! PLEASE COULD I LOOK AT YOUR PLANNING FOR FANTASY STORIES

lorraine.harvey1@btinternet.com

THANK YOU SO MUCH XX

16. I would really like a copy of the planning or even an overview of it. Cor, that would make my Christmas holiday a holiday. I have others that we have done that I've been really pleased with including letters and authors a Y3 unit.

Many thanks! lisapoppet@yahoo.co.uk

17. If your doing this before Christmas children would love 'The Grinch' would get them all into the spirit of the season too.

That probably means high as kites, but hey how much fun would you all have.

18. mondayblues

mondayblues New commenter

Would really love to see examples of planning on this topic. Am new in Year 4. Was thinking about basing around the Ice Palace or The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, though Beaver towers is a favourite of mine. It is with Years 3 / 4.

pa_smyth@hotmail.com