1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stories for air transport?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by soulsista, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Hi everyone i am currently doing transport as my topic this term and up next is air transport. I can't think of any stories! please help!

Thanks

Soulsista

2. !!BUMP!!

Any ideas anyone?
    Please??
    Soulsista x

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

Is there anything in your local library?
    Have you thought of writing a story yourself?
    I take it the children will be hearing other stories too!

4. The only one specifically about planes I've used is Farmyard Flyers by, I think Mike Bostock. We do use Amazing Aeroplanes by Tony Mitton and Ant Parker - part of a series of quasi- information books also Planes in the Go facts series by A&CBlack.
    We also stretch air transport to include Winnie's Flying carpet from Korky Paul and a book by Ann Jungman called Cinderella & the hot air balloon - which fits well as we have not long ago done trad tales.
    Hope these are of some help.

5. Hi thanks for your ideas. Has planned a non fiction week on air travel anyway but wondered if there were any stories out there to read alongside the theme.

Thank you

Soulsista xx

6. Been out visiting today and found a lovely book by Usbourne (DK) It is not a story book but a more grown up lift the flap book, so picture of an airport and in various places on the page (such as the aeroplane) the door opens and you can see inside with an explanation of what is going on. Kept one child engaged for at least an hour.

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

Much as it pains me to have to say this, didn't the Duchess of Cornwall write a children's book about a little aeroplane? Can't vouch for its qualityand apparently it might be seen to bear a certain resemblance to another little aeroplane...