1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stories about fantasy worlds

Discussion in 'Primary' started by oxfordblue, Jan 2, 2012.

1. oxfordblue

oxfordblue New commenter

Hello everyone and happy new year!
    I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of books to use to teach stories about fantasy worlds to a Year 1/2 class. The class is all girls and I'd really like to use something with unicorns in! Sounds random but will help link with something else!
    I had though of useing 'Where the wild things are' but if possible would like something with a more magical theme.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    OB :)

2. comenius

comenius New commenter

[​IMG]
    This is a lovely story - I use it with my year 1 class.

3. kym131218

kym131218 New commenter

I teach year 4 and I had the same problem. I extracted the most magical and fantastical parts from Harry potter (entering the wizards g world) and the best one was narnia the lion witch and wardrobe. The children were fixated on aspect of walking rough a wardrobe to another world. You could even set your classroom up like it. Hang coat oboe the door chn will be wrapped up in their learning.
    Hope this helps

Kym xxx

4. oxfordblue

oxfordblue New commenter

Thank you for taking the time to reply!
    I haven't heard of the unicorn book you recommended so will look it up - sounds promising though!
    I was thinking about Narnia too, but think that my class might find aspects of the text challenging. My old Year 5 class loved Narnia though!
    Thanks again for your ideas,
    OB

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter