1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stories about fantasy worlds help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lgilbert2, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Hi, i wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction of books that I can use for this Literacy unit? It is my first year in Year 1 and so I am a little unsure as to which books are useful. My topic for this half term is seaside and pirates. Does anyone know of any good books that I could link with my topic?
    Any help would be very much appreciated!!
    Thanks x

2. Hi, i wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction of books that I can use for this Literacy unit? It is my first year in Year 1 and so I am a little unsure as to which books are useful. My topic for this half term is seaside and pirates. Does anyone know of any good books that I could link with my topic?
    Any help would be very much appreciated!!
    Thanks x

3. Peter Pan? I've used it in Year 4, not sure whether it might be a bit advanced for Year 1 though...

4. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

You might be able to get an abridged version for littlies. I've done it with Y5, and they loved the subject matter, but found the language a challenge.

5. beethan31

beethan31 New commenter

Hi
    When I taught Y1 I used the following for fantasy stories.
    On a space/alien/monster theme:
    Where the Wild Things Are
    Come to Tea on Planet Zum Zee
    I'm Coming to Get You!
    Man on the Moon
    On a pirates theme:
    Tim, Ted and the Pirates
    Port Side Pirates
    The Night Pirates
    Jolly Roger and the Pirates of Captain Abdul

Hope that helps [​IMG]
    PS It's a really good unit to teach! Kids loved it.

6. Waiguoren

Waiguoren New commenter