1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Storage question

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lilachardy, Jul 30, 2012.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Silly question, I'm sure...

... but how do you store rolls of wrapping paper?
    Mine are all falling over and I KNOW there must be a better way.

Ta

2. Depending on the length, get a couple of 2L pop bottles, Drink pop, cut the top 2" off and hey presto they stand up. If you are a language teacher and collecting posters from Abroad pop bottles are great for storing them in aslo.

3. In an umbrella stand.

4. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

On top of the wardrobe

5. Lidnod

Lidnod Star commenter

Me too! Angled upwards and pointng outwards, like a battery of guns projecting from the wardrobe. If you are over six feet they are a danger, so I am hoping someone has a really good storage idea!

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Thanks everyone.

I think I need to rationalise my collection, if it's "normal" to keep it in a skinny carrier bag or a lemonade bottle!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

marlin - I may have to buy one of those. I'm quite lucky in having quite a lot of cupboard space but I really like that box...it's rolls of Christmas wrapping paper I seem to hoard from one year to the next. I have a weird wrapping system which requires me to wrap various branches of family or acquaintances in the same paper so I have more rolls than seems strictly necessary!

9. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I keep mine in an old plastic laundry basket (which I hate but come from a family who don't throw things away 'if there's still life left in them) up in the loft.
    " I have a weird wrapping system which requires me to wrap various
    branches of family or acquaintances in the same paper so I have more
    rolls than seems strictly necessary! "
    Ditto Seren_dipity!

10. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

I stand them up behind something - the sofa, piano, bed, whatever. Then I forget where I've put them so I go and buy more!

11. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

I have about 50 rolls of wrapping paper. (I know, I know.) I use those tall cardboard boxes that mail-order florists use for bouquets, then store them in the loft.The wider rolls have narrower rolls inside them. It would cost a fortune for me to buy those storage boxes from Staples, although as a packaging freak, I seriously covet them. Poor old biddy....

12. On the whole, plastic boxes which purport to be designed for storing wrapping paper are too short! The outside top might appear long enough, but the bottom inside isn't! Our solution is to use a tall, straight-sided kitchen bin (minus the broken lid, of course) and slip flat paper down the side too. Job done.