1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stopped on the pavement my a HT who asked me to send in CV.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lara mfl 05, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well it could be they've had no supply work available, still early in the term for people going on courses- they like to settle in with their new classes, but could also be that the CV didn't actually reach the Head. Perhaps as it's your son's school you could have a little chat with the secretary?

2. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

Hi Lara mfl 05,
    Thanks for replying, HT did actually say that a member of staff had a few appointments to attend so I thought school may need someone quite quickly.
    This could be it- but if an envalope is marked private and confidential and has on it FAO could the secretary really just bin in?
    I have left another message today- but again I just wonder there will be a reply to it or not.
    BPG

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Don't know about 'binning it' but it IS the secretary's job to weed out stuff and if he/she's not aware the Headhad asked for it then possibly yes.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Try emailing the HT's email and attach the documents. Or put it in an envelope and ask your son to give it to her.