1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stopped enjoying teaching

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by nikinacho84, Feb 8, 2012.

1. I am a supply teacher and have ended up with a primary 7 class that is renowned as being a difficult class!! Although individually they are lovely, together they are hard to control. I have so many ideas and now into my 3rd term with them I feel I have lost the chance to bring them round to behaving appropriately. It's all low level, speaking when I'm speaking, chatting through a lesson so I cant sit with a group to quietly help them, answering back and not caring about what punishment I give them. Headteacher suggested sitting in on lessons, I feel this just shows me to not be in control and puts added pressure on my teaching. There has also been suggestions of making sur they have their heads down working but this takes away the active, engaging activities that are meant to help children enjoy learning. Have you got any suggestions to help me out?

2. I am a supply teacher and have ended up with a primary 7 class that is renowned as being a difficult class!! Although individually they are lovely, together they are hard to control. I have so many ideas and now into my 3rd term with them I feel I have lost the chance to bring them round to behaving appropriately. It's all low level, speaking when I'm speaking, chatting through a lesson so I cant sit with a group to quietly help them, answering back and not caring about what punishment I give them. Headteacher suggested sitting in on lessons, I feel this just shows me to not be in control and puts added pressure on my teaching. There has also been suggestions of making sur they have their heads down working but this takes away the active, engaging activities that are meant to help children enjoy learning. Have you got any suggestions to help me out?