1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stop navel gazing and look up!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Flere-Imsaho, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

It strikes me that the most popular threads here are ones about TES itself and all the internal processes so to divert from all that navel gazing, look up and describe what you see.

Mine is not very exciting as I'm sitting at a desk with a yellow wall behind it. I took down the plethora of postcards which used to adorn it with a cunning plan of chucking the dogeared ones and sticking the rest into clip frames. It might yet happen.

lanokia likes this.
  2. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

A blur unless I take my reading glasses off :D

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  3. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

The ceiling. I think looking down is quite rewarding. I found two tenners on the pavement the other day. Omphaloskepsis is not possible in this weather anyway.

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Hmm. Not easy to describe.

Have a snapshot.

[​IMG]

GLsghost, cuteinpuce and Lascarina like this.
  5. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Just look up? Not around? If so, then I see a green filing box and a couple of daylight bulbs. On the top shelf of my desk I can see the corner of the photo (I know that's not the right name for it) of my first scan when I was pregnant. Also, an empty mince pie foil casing, a mug, an empty jar and a piece of paper with "Don't forget presents in larder" written on it.. And lots of little bits of charcoal. My computer area is a mess.

6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

ceiling.jpg

lanokia likes this.
  7. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

Your navel is clearly not as gaze-worthy as one's. When Dear Alfred wins the lottery (tonight) he assures me a large ruby will be purchased to adorn it. Gilding the lily, some might say, but tsk! he's an incurable romantic.

8. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Well, having spent the day discarding my old school resources I have a neat pile of empty ring binders but the rest of the (euphemistically named) study is a bomb site of paper, books, memos, photos etc.

sabrinakat likes this.
  9. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Just because it amused me when I took my specs off I saw this

Attached Files:

10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

[​IMG]

Duke of York, sabrinakat and kibosh like this.
  11. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Let's talk about this Eleanor woman, shall we?

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

She was svelte and filled with ruse

13. Flere-Imsaho

I'm pretty sure that's the light fitting from my last house.

14. Flere-Imsaho

I don't know if it's my own blurred vision but when I look at your avatar, I see a samurai outfit. I think it's just the general shape.

15. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

When I look up I see dogs. There is a small one snoozing in my armpit, one asleep by my feet and one on the other sofa.

16. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

You forgot the boom boom.

kibosh likes this.
  17. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

:) It's a barley twist ceiling pendant. In the pic you can see the shadows cast, on the ceiling, by the floor lamp . . . we like subdued lighting and we only ever light the ceiling pendant occasionally.

18. Flere-Imsaho

I just meant up from the screen.

19. Flere-Imsaho

I have Hue bulbs so I can make my lights all pretty colours.

20. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I can see Stevie Nicks on the tele. Husband saved it at some stage and its the best option. Out of the corner of my eye i can see husband playing Total War so neither of us are really watching but she has got a great voice to listen to.