1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Stop' decision?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Tntsmum, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Hi there,

I did my PGCE interview yesterday and feel that it went ok. I just logged in to track my application knowing that it would be too soon to look but just couldn't help myself! lol.

Anyway I noticed in the decision column it said 'Stop'! I had a quick look to see what that meant and apparently it means that the Uni has just asked for more time to consider your application. I'm really nervous now as was only interviewed yesterday... has anyone else had this before? If so what was the timing like on it being resolved into a decision? Felt ok after the interview but am seriously doubting myself now, I know I'm probably just being silly but seeing that has completely thrown me off!

2. Hi there,

I did my PGCE interview yesterday and feel that it went ok. I just logged in to track my application knowing that it would be too soon to look but just couldn't help myself! lol.

Anyway I noticed in the decision column it said 'Stop'! I had a quick look to see what that meant and apparently it means that the Uni has just asked for more time to consider your application. I'm really nervous now as was only interviewed yesterday... has anyone else had this before? If so what was the timing like on it being resolved into a decision? Felt ok after the interview but am seriously doubting myself now, I know I'm probably just being silly but seeing that has completely thrown me off!

3. sparkleshine

sparkleshine New commenter

Stop is quite a common status for providers to give after January, as from the start of January I think they have 28 days to consider you before it automatically rejects. They've just put stop on so it won't do that. You applied for UEL, didn't you? I had to wait about 2 working weeks for a decision (not counting Christmas either) so I wouldn't worry too much. If you're concerned give them a call and ask when they're likely to make decisions.