1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stomach pains in early pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by jsjw, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Hi. Hoping someone will be able to help. I'm only bout 5-6 weeks pregnant so can't really talk to
    Anyone bout this because no one knows yet. Yesterday I had a stabbing pain just under my stomach in right side. Pain been there today too but more if an uncomfortable feeling than a stabbing. Anyone else had this? Is it normal? I would phone midwife but don't have one. Booking in appointment not for another two weeks
    Thanks

2. Hello
    If you are worried, get a docs appointment. I had very similar feelings, at a very similar stage and did that- had an early scan to see my little egg sac who is now an 8 month old child.

Anyway, yes- pains in early pregnancy are normal- there have been many threads very similar (including one I started!) and can be due to all sorts of things- a whole little human is starting to grow so it is uncomfortable. It can also be due to consipation, implantation pains, growing uterus, a cyst (which goes on it's own!) I remember being in lots of pain at night, ugh!
    here is a very small chance of it being ectopic as it is a stabbing pain in one side- but mine was the same and it was a normal pregnancy. So, just to be safe go to the docs- you may get an appointment at the early pregnancy unit.
    As today it is only uncomfortable, I would say this is totally normal.

Anyway, good luck with the pregnancy! x

3. Thank you for that. Feel bit overwhelmed and finding hard that I can't talk to anyone who's been through it. I think I'll phone the docs tomorrow. Thank you x