1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

stomach bug day 4 - no energy whatsoever. Fizzy drinks?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Coffeebean102, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

Still ill with stomach bug. Thankfully the sickness and diarrhoea appear to have stopped and Diarolyte, despite its vile taste, is definitely helping. This morning I woke up with the skin on my lips literally hanging off (nice...) which I'm guessing is dehydration. My left eye was also quite gunky, I think there is a small stye there. I also have absolutely no energy whatsoever! I was tossing and turning all night feeling hot and cold but that seems to have stopped now. I was wondering whether fizzy drinks might be good energy boost now the sickness etc has stopped? Have googled but keep coming across conflicting advice.

2. Hi everyone,

Still ill with stomach bug. Thankfully the sickness and diarrhoea appear to have stopped and Diarolyte, despite its vile taste, is definitely helping. This morning I woke up with the skin on my lips literally hanging off (nice...) which I'm guessing is dehydration. My left eye was also quite gunky, I think there is a small stye there. I also have absolutely no energy whatsoever! I was tossing and turning all night feeling hot and cold but that seems to have stopped now. I was wondering whether fizzy drinks might be good energy boost now the sickness etc has stopped? Have googled but keep coming across conflicting advice.

3. bnm

bnm

I would go for sipping hot fruit juice to rehydrate you. Coca cola is supposed to be good too, for rehydration.

4. Personally I wouldnt go for anything fizzy....Id try fruit juice maybe watered down or something like that?
    Totally different situation...but I was sick daily when I was pregnant for months and the only thing I could keep down was flat coca cola...so if you can stand that I would give that a try.
    Hope you feel better soon

5. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

I have always found flat coke good (but in small amounts).
    Keep sipping water.
    Sugary juice e.g. ribena worked a treat when I was last poorly.

6. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Yeah - it's flat coke every time.

7. If you're still having attacks of diarrhoea after four days, it might be worth asking your GP to do a stool test.

8. do what your body wants its usually the right answer