1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stolen Resource

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by sabyrne, Dec 5, 2016.

?

Have you had a resource stolen?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Don't know

26 vote(s)
    60.5%
  1. A1EnglishResources

A1EnglishResources New commenter

Irony? The OP is asking a question of fellow authors; I'm suggesting where best to get responses.

2. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @FullShelf,

Please can you contact the Customer Services Team via email: help@tes.com. In the meantime, I'll flag up your post to the team. Have you also used the report button on the resources as well?

3. FullShelf

FullShelf New commenter

Thanks @TES_Rosaline . The report button didn't work on my computer. I had already emailed the 'Help' address on Friday but the illegal copies were left up all weekend, being downloaded for free many times. They have now been taken down and I do thank TES for doing this. However, I've now discovered another illegal copy from me within another resource pack by the same author and would be grateful if this could be removed immediately as well. I have emailed the details to the 'Help' address but am not sure whether it will get looked at before tomorrow. There have been many downloads of it in a short time so I am keen for it to be removed as quickly as possible.

I do feel generally that there ought to be a way of immediately suspending this kind of illegal copy rather than wait several days for action to be taken. Also, several other illegally copied premium resources have been uploaded to TES by the same person, which I mentioned in my original email. No action has been taken about these and this person is still a TES Recommended Author. This doesn't look good. I am pleased that the ones copied from me have been deleted (apart from the latest one I've just spotted) but I don't feel this is going far enough. Surely this calls into question the legality of the other resources this person has posted?

Despite these concerns, I am grateful for the opportunity to share premium and free resources on TES and I do thank you for getting back to me and for the fact that the first three illegal copies of my resources have now been removed.

@TES Resource Team @Tes_Author_Team

Krazikas likes this.
  4. TES_Rosaline

Hello @FullShelf,

Apologies for the delay in responding to you. Thank you for letting me know. I will pass on your comments to the relevant team.

5. FullShelf

FullShelf New commenter

6. TES_Rosaline

7. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

I can't believe that TES are allowing this so-called 'author' to continue to sell resources on TES - it's pure theft! The least action they should take is to get rid of their 'shop'!!

A1EnglishResources likes this.
  8. FullShelf

FullShelf New commenter

The resources illegally copied from me have all been taken off but the rest are still showing up and appear to still be available to download (one was rated just four days ago). These include at least a few taken from another resource-selling website. They are being given away free on TES, though they belong to a premium author elsewhere. I did alert TES to this ten days ago via email. Let's hope now, with my comments on here being passed on, that further action will be taken.

9. TES_Rosaline

Thank you @FullShelf. I'll pass on the details of your last couple of posts to the relevant team.

10. FullShelf

FullShelf New commenter

That's great, thanks.

11. TES_Rosaline

12. TES_Rosaline

Hello @FullShelf,

Please can you report this content and send an email to the Customer Services Team. We rely on members to report problems with resources either via the report button or by emailing help@tes.com. This is the best way to flag up any possible copyrighted material to the relevant teams so that the issue can be investigated.

Thank you.

13. harminder singh

harminder singh Administrator

@FullShelf

I can confirm that the concerned user has been banned and all resources have now been deleted.

Please do not hesitate to email help@tes.com should you have any further queries.

14. FullShelf

FullShelf New commenter