1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stockholm

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by hellothisismyusername, Nov 20, 2019.

1. hellothisismyusername

hellothisismyusername New commenter

Any info on small school with several jobs on today please?

And the costs of living etc in city in general please?

2. miss303

miss303 New commenter

Previously lived in Stockholm for several years. This is a good school with a good reputation. Do lots of research on the cost of living. Renting in the city is expensive and there is a shortage of apartments so finding accomodation can be tricky. You will earn enough to live but if you are hoping to save, Stockholm is not for you! PM me if you have any questions!

3. gulfgolf

gulfgolf Established commenter

Really expensive city. Lovely cultural approach to work and life and family. But really expensive. And housing is a nightmare.

4. T0nyGT

T0nyGT Lead commenter

I heard from others that schools don't even offer assistance in finding accomodation because it's so difficult

5. Arepa

Arepa New commenter

An English Language website, The Local, will be able to answer many of your questions. It recently had an article on foreign teachers in Sweden and has had many articles on finding apartments. I have found it very useful.

Sweden is expensive. However, services (health, transportation) and work/life balance are quite good. It would, in my opinion be a good place to start a family (parental leave benefits are excellent). However, it would not be a place to save a great deal of money.