1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stitch-up City - Rod "Rory" Stewart knocked out.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by MAGAorMIGA, Jun 19, 2019.

1. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I don't really think it matters who comes second, as Boris has it in the bag.

JL48 likes this.
  2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Absolutely.

Providing Johnson keeps his 157 votes from this round, add up all the votes from the other three candidates and they total 154.

So if the votes from Javid, Gove, and Hunt all go to the second candidate, Johnson will still be PM in a month by a few votes.

Not my choice, but then I don't get to vote.

3. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Boris can put his foot in it many, many times in a month.
    Not that it will probably make any difference.

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

The problem is that what a Tory and what an anti-Tory consider ''foot in mouth'' are very different things.

Rory Stewart put his ''foot in his mouth'' by calling for increases in public spending, backing May's EU plan and basically - not behaving from Tory-like.

JL48, MAGAorMIGA and sodalime like this.
  5. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Listening to his ex-employer from The Spectator on R4:
    "I wouldn't trust Boris with my wallet or my wife."
    "He's wanted to be PM as long as I've known him....but he won't know what to do with it."
    "The only person he cares about is himself."

Our future PM.
    God help us.

6. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Prime Ministers often don't get their own way. Look at Theresa May ... :(

7. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

The good news is that the man who did more damage to state education in his tenure as Secretary of State for Education than any minister since William Cowper-Temple has been defeated. The bad news is that the man who did more damage to healthcare in the UK than any other minister since Viscount Addison is still in, as is an incompetent buffoon who turned the UK into a laughing stock in his tenure as Foreign Secretary, whose incompetence, laziness and indiscretions have been only-too-well documented. How is it that the UK face being placed under the rule of these awful extremists, who want to turn us into the 51st state of the USA, and who are implacable, sworn foes of the public services in their charge? It’s beyond terrible.

EmanuelShadrack and dleaf12 like this.
  8. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

You're over-ranting now. How do you work that one out?

9. MAGAorMIGA

Both have made clear that they see the UK's future as being under the umbrella of US economic and military protection, Robin to the USA's Batman. Both believe in the US model of public service delivery, with the minimum of state input and a maximum of private. Hunt wants to move us towards the US healthcare model.

10. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

11. MAGAorMIGA

(seen on Twitter)
    here's a list of the things Sarah Vine is smashing up in an incandescent rage at this very moment:
    a £331 Chinon armchair
    a £493 Manchu cabinet
    a £134.50 pair of elephant lamps
    a £750 Loire table
    a £432 birch Camargue chair
    a £238.50 birdcage coffee table

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  12. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Hunt or Johnson. Like having to choose between drowning or immolation.

13. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Or Fred West or Peter Sutcliffe.

14. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

15. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Thank goodness it won't be me having to make that choice in the next four weeks.

If a week is a long time in politics, four weeks is an eternity. That's ample time for either of them to fall flat on their faces. Ample time too for a bit of embarrassing dirt to be dug up by the newspapers, now they know exactly who the contest is between.

16. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Embarrassing dirt does fork all these days. Look at Trump and all the appalling things he's said. Look at Johnson talking about "watermelon smiles" and "pickanninies" and the poem he published about Scotland in The Spectator. Nothing sticks. That's the way of things these days.

17. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I mean, Theresa May kept her job after admitting to running through corn-fields. Everything's gone to shart.

18. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

Indeed. Now the great cavorting white elephant must strike poses all on his own...

19. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

I have a theory on this. Was she a try out, back in the day, for the advert for the first Flake Girl?