1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Still struggling...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by lucie19, Feb 12, 2012.

1. lucie19

lucie19 New commenter

Hi

I have posted this on the student teacher forum and read all the above advice however I am still unsure as to what to write on the application.
    The school has asked for a letter of application and to fill out the application form. I am positive they want a letter of application and not a covering letter.

One of the questions is titled Relevant Skills and Experiences and asks...
    Please show by giving examples of any experiences, behaviours and skills of how you meet the selection criteria listed for the post. You may use duties in your present or previous jobs and any other areas such as temporary work, voluntary work, studies or spare-time activities. Please be specific and give examples wherever possible ? these can be drawn from any aspect of your life.

However I have included this in my letter of application and my executive summary.
    I do not want to repeat myself so what do I write here?

Thank you all as ever

2. lucie19

lucie19 New commenter

Hi

I have posted this on the student teacher forum and read all the above advice however I am still unsure as to what to write on the application.
    The school has asked for a letter of application and to fill out the application form. I am positive they want a letter of application and not a covering letter.

One of the questions is titled Relevant Skills and Experiences and asks...
    Please show by giving examples of any experiences, behaviours and skills of how you meet the selection criteria listed for the post. You may use duties in your present or previous jobs and any other areas such as temporary work, voluntary work, studies or spare-time activities. Please be specific and give examples wherever possible ? these can be drawn from any aspect of your life.

However I have included this in my letter of application and my executive summary.
    I do not want to repeat myself so what do I write here?

Thank you all as ever

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Have you read the clickable links How to get shortlisted ?
    'Please show by giving examples of any experiences, behaviours and skills
    of how you meet the selection criteria listed for the post' - sounds very much like an Executive Summary. Have you done one of these?
    The first applications is always difficult but once you've got that out the way you'll be fine. Best of luck x

4. lucie19

lucie19 New commenter

Hi
    Thank you for your help. Yes I have read all the clickables, just still a bit confused.

Would you still lay it out in a table or in paragraphs? Sorry to be a fusspot I just really want to get this right.

5. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

If you mean the Executive Summary I have mine in a table:
    Your Requirements My Experience
    [​IMG]
    x

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Ditto here.

7. lucie19

lucie19 New commenter

Brilliant thanks guys thats what I will do then. Fingers crossed!