1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Still confused TheoGriff

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by Honeypot123, Apr 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Honeypot123

Honeypot123 New commenter

I have read all your advice on applying for jobs. I am applying for primary school positions as due to complete my final year at uni. I have so far not heard back from any jobs. Here's why I am confused. Schools give an an email to send the electronic application back to. The application form gives a section for additional information. I am treating this as my supporting statement so why do I need to attach a letter of application as well if it's all in the application form surely a cover letter would do saying what post I am applying for and that my application is attached. Am I doing this wrong, why have a section in the app.form if I am just going to be repeating myself in a letter. Thanks

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Who says that you have to send a letter of application as well?

Best wishes

3. ZooTeacherBU

ZooTeacherBU New commenter

Dear @TheoGriff
    I am a new poster, and have tried to post my own thread, but it is in 'pre-moderation'. I'm not sure how long the backlog is, so I hope it's not too cheeky to tag onto the end of this thread, as it is related.

I am currently filling in an application form, and there is a section on the form for a 'statement in support of application', but the job advert asks for the completed application form 'along with a letter of application'. I'm a bit confused as to what to put where, as I have always treated these as the same thing. I have looked at your articles so I am definitely going to put in an E.S, but I don't want to be repeating myself.

Any advice you (or anyone else - please?) can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks

ZooTeach

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

As long as you do a tag @TheoGriff so that I see it . . . which you have.

They can be, but . . .

Then you missed the bit where I told you what to do. ;)

Put the E.S. in the form where they ask for a statement. Then write the letter.

Best wishes

5. ZooTeacherBU

ZooTeacherBU New commenter

Thanks @TheoGriff!

Will get this finished off now then.

Fingers crossed.