1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Still awaiting PRP decisions.

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by LiebeDeutsch, Dec 30, 2015.

1. LiebeDeutsch

LiebeDeutsch New commenter

Is anyone else still awaiting decisions about pay progression? At our school, we completed our appraisal cycle in October, submitted all the relevant paperwork and evidence and assumed that we would hear during November, as we have every other year. In the past, we've always had a letter in our pigeon holes by the end of November, whether they had decided in our favour or not. We're now almost in January and none of us have had any indication of whether we are being awarded a pay increase. I know there's not a lot we can do about it, as pay progression is now down to individual schools, but I was just wondering whether anyone else is in the same position as us? I'm off to speak to the Head next week, so would love to know if anyone else has had to tackle this, and how they went about it. He's not the most approachable person and I wouldn't normally push my luck, but with a baby on the way, I really need the extra money and the back pay!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You could try speaking to the Business Manager first - it could all be in the pipeline . . .

But it is extremely frustrating!

Best wishes for 2016 - and a nice backdated increase!

3. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

I woudn't think that a polite word with the Head would do any harm. You have a good reason for asking.