1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stile Maths Intervention

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by musico1a, Sep 29, 2016.

1. musico1a

musico1a New commenter

Hi, I have seen the Stile materials advertised in a SEN magazine, but can't find much info on them online. I'm particularly interested in the Maths books - Counting & Understanding Number to use as part of a catch-up programme. Does anyone have any experience of the Stile system and these books in particular?

2. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Haven't used them for a long time but I do recall the children loved them and couldn't wait for a Stile Session!

3. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Used the a few years ago. Kids loved them and they did help some with progress. Good for revision and small intervention groups.

4. JulesDaulby

JulesDaulby Occasional commenter

We use stiles for phonics and comprehension. They're a nice consolidation activity along with swap cards. The maths ones would be of similar value as a consolidation/practice activity. Students like them but not for too long.

http://www.ldalearning.com/contentpage/stile-tray