1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

?Sticks and Stones and Mobile Phones? Teachers Perceptions of Cyber-bullying.

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by scruffycat, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Ok since you have invited a response.......
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dF9WX2oyRmtmSXFBc0EweHhHYW40blE6MQ
    This is great for my exam next week... lot's of discussion points next lesson... user input DOB IP address, proxy, cloning. How do you enforce an acceptable use policy?
    Thanks for that...
    .......It is a serious issue but I hate forms so will not fill it in as you clearly acknowledge can be an issue. Your topic/thesis focus is over egged on web users and a perception issue defined on a particular individual's understanding of cyberbullying rather than fact. More importantly I do not believe most of what is written is in your own words.You could do better to change tact slightly and talk to teachers. Which you may be doing but why then bother with online or is it a comparatvie study in disclosure?
    Focus on what you feel and talk to people you will learn a lot more. I have just completed another NQT first assessment and I was able to translate 32 words into a simple short sentence 'Meet the SENCO and listen to them'.
    Have we all lost the plot? Fiona find a way to make it more school based.

2. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

I wondered that when I saw the experession "cell phone". Of course James could be American...

3. cj3

cj3

Since bullying is a whole school, pastoral issue you may find your query better posted on a pastoral/whole school section - this is ICT.

4. Thank you for your suggestion.By permission of the Forum moderator I have posted in Subjec>ICT, Whole School>Behaviour and Stage>Secondary

5. Thanks for that, I am going to have a good read through, seems like they've stolen my title though, oh well, I thought I was being clever/original never mind

6. Teachers' Perceptions
    You missed off the possessive apostrophe every time, including in the title of the questionnaire itself, so I'm assuming it's not just a typo.