1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Steriods - aarrghhhh!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Marshall, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

For the second time since September 2011 I have had to go onto steriods for my Ulcerative Colitis. I only put on 4lbs last time (in 8 weeks) and my weight remains stable. I am absolutely starving this time (as well as being a bit manic - little sleep, horrible dreams, mood swings). I am so used to this (having had UC for 25 years) but it never gets any easier. At least it means I can lead a 'normal' life - no more 14 visits to the loo for a poo a day plus blood and mucus and feeling really rubbish.
    Just wanted to vent!
    [​IMG]

2. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

For the second time since September 2011 I have had to go onto steriods for my Ulcerative Colitis. I only put on 4lbs last time (in 8 weeks) and my weight remains stable. I am absolutely starving this time (as well as being a bit manic - little sleep, horrible dreams, mood swings). I am so used to this (having had UC for 25 years) but it never gets any easier. At least it means I can lead a 'normal' life - no more 14 visits to the loo for a poo a day plus blood and mucus and feeling really rubbish.
    Just wanted to vent!
    [​IMG]

3. A seriously justified vent, if I may say so. Just glanced at this as a relative has recently been diagnosed with this horrible condition.

4. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

Thanks - it's usually too much info for most people.