1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Step up to English

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by AmandaJWilson, Sep 8, 2018.

1. AmandaJWilson

AmandaJWilson New commenter

Hi is there anybody out there that delivers AQA Step up to English. I am new to this but would like some guidance. How different is it to ELC English I have delivered the ELC English specification previously , but was just wondering exactly what elements do you have to send into the examiners ?

2. iain101

iain101 New commenter

Hi, We have delivered Step Up to our lower ability Year 10 groups who then move to GCSE English Language after Easter. AQA will require a sample of the reading and writing assessments for moderation purposes - there is quite a bit of paperwork but AQA do provide good advice. We've found it a really motivating qualification and it does help develop key skills including functional skills. I enjoyed teaching the Next Steps unit and based it around their work experience which went really well. I have posted a number of my teaching resources on TES if it's helpful. Best wishes, Iain