1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Step Up To English - Resource query

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by imogensnow338, Sep 30, 2018.

1. imogensnow338

imogensnow338 New commenter

Hello,

We are looking to firmly establish our Step Up to English within our department over the next year and want to build up a bank of resources. I have taken a look at the AQA resource pack on the AQA website but before I part with the princely sum they are asking, I wondered if anyone had used the resource and whether they would recommend it. Also, if you know of any other resources that would be beneficial, this would be incredibly helpful.

Thanks in advance.

2. j_pink

j_pink New commenter

Hi, I bought the Collins orange book with CD rom on Amazon, but be aware that two units have been halted from 2020 entries. Bit annoyed as I only just bought it and it was over £200. It's still worth buying though for the ready made lessons that are easy to adapt. The lesson plans mean that my cover teacher and HLTA can just pick up and run with the lessons.

israhusain and pepper5 like this.
  3. israhusain

israhusain New commenter

Hi i am the lead on delivering this course but i have found that they aqa dvisors aren't that helpful in terms of giving advice. I need to ask anyone if they have any idea around how the assessments work and im confused around the topics that can be set in the exam??? please any help around exams and assessment would be really helpful Thanks