1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

STEM school in Qatar, Doha

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by teachtronic, Mar 25, 2019.

1. teachtronic

teachtronic New commenter

Hello everyone,

i would really like to know if anyone has any experience with the new STEM based academy school in Doha. i believe it is a new school that is selective of pupils. I would love to know more about working there, salary/ package and what teaching and learning is like etc. if anyone has any info or knowledge please do share or start a conversation with me! it is much appreciated!

2. PuRe

PuRe Occasional commenter

Hi, if its the right school - its selective of local pupils and some who don't really do much but which school isn't. The salary/package is Teachers with a BA and 4 years $65000, Teachers with a MA and 8 years $85000,
    Housing $1800 teachers can choose to receive a fully furnished house or a housing allowance (included in the full package), Airfare $1200 (in cash) Provided: Every Year for employee, wife and up to 3 children under the age of 18. The medical insurance given is a governmental health insurance that is provided for all residents in Qatar.

Children Tuition Benefits - Employees receive tuition fees of 27000 QR/ Child up to 3 children OR a full coverage for the children (up to 3) in one of the four private schools in Qatar that are sponsored by the Ministry of Education (average fees in these schools is about 50000 QR)

(taken from an agency site)

teachtronic likes this.
  3. aakib

aakib New commenter

PuRe - I've sent you a conversation thingy. Please check

4. teachtronic

Much appreciated! Very helpful.

5. teachtronic

Have you landed a job here?

6. aakib

aakib New commenter

Nope

7. truth_seeker12

truth_seeker12 Occasional commenter

PM me. Do you have an offer there?

Is a new school. 2nd year running. Local students. I believe there will be 120 pupils in 2 year groups. The school itself is amazing. It many school compare to it.

teachtronic likes this.
  8. truth_seeker12

truth_seeker12 Occasional commenter

That's a little out of date. Tuition allowance is higher than stated.

9. teachtronic

I've sent you a conversation! :)