1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Steam generator irons

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JoJo37, Jun 19, 2011.

1. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

My iron has all but given up the ghost and as I iron for 4 people I would like to buy a good (but not too expensive) iron to replace it.
    My friend swears by her huge super dooper steam generator iron. They do seem rather expensive.
    Do you think they are worth it and does anyone have any recommendations I looked in Comet today and their were so many it was confusing.
    Any advice please tessers?

2. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

My iron has all but given up the ghost and as I iron for 4 people I would like to buy a good (but not too expensive) iron to replace it.
    My friend swears by her huge super dooper steam generator iron. They do seem rather expensive.
    Do you think they are worth it and does anyone have any recommendations I looked in Comet today and their were so many it was confusing.
    Any advice please tessers?

3. I bought one of these in Robert Dyas about 3 or 4 years ago in the sale. It is FABULOUS, so good in fact that my mum took it home with her the last time she visited and I had to buy another. They are on sale in Argos at the minute so some good deals to be had. They cut the ironing time by at least half. Mine is a Bosch Sensixx B25L but I only chose that one because it was the best deal at the time. Get one - you will love it, even if you are like me and hate ironing! Wouldn't be without it.

4. Have you looked on Amazon? I bought a Russell Hobbs steam generator iron for £75, RRP was something like £200. I'm really pleased with it as I was initially quite sceptical. It is quite noisy but definitely worth it as the time it takes sooo much less time to iron now. I always used to dread ironing some Laura Ashley 100% cotton bedding we had but the steam generator iron makes such easy work of it.

5. I love my steam generator iron. Mine's Morphy Richards and I got it in Sainsburys for £49.99 because they made a mistake on the price ticket - should've been nearly £200.
    You won't regret getting one, it cuts ironing time in half.

6. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Thanks everyone that's what I've been hearing.
    I'll have a look in Argos and on Amazon. They do really vary in price are the relatively cheap ones still good?

7. Honey Loop

Honey Loop New commenter

Mine's a Phillip's and as much as i hate ironing, I love my iron. Much faster. Get one, JoJo

8. I have a Morphy Richards which only cost £35. It's pink which apparently wasn't a good selling colour. I don't care what colour it is as long as it does the job. It does.