1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Staying sane when partner ill

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by sensei123, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Hello,
    My partner is under alot of stress at the moment and is ill (physically and mentally) from the stress of her job.
    I want to tell her to leave if it is making her so ill but we really can't afford to live on my wages alone and I doubt she'd be able to claim job seekers if she chose to leave a job.
    We are looking at other options (reducing her hours, etc) but I am worried about how to stay strong myself so that I can support her emotionally through this.
    Any advice from those who have been there?

2. Hello,
    My partner is under alot of stress at the moment and is ill (physically and mentally) from the stress of her job.
    I want to tell her to leave if it is making her so ill but we really can't afford to live on my wages alone and I doubt she'd be able to claim job seekers if she chose to leave a job.
    We are looking at other options (reducing her hours, etc) but I am worried about how to stay strong myself so that I can support her emotionally through this.
    Any advice from those who have been there?

3. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

Check out job seekers by ringing them as I think things have changed.

Could she try supply?
    Would she consider doing shop work for a bit?
    TA work?
    Tutoring?