1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Stay or go?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Lucymci, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Lucymci

Lucymci New commenter

Just looking for advice. I left my last school last summer as they could only offer me maternity cover and I had been offered my current job on a one year contract. That's now been extended to Easter 2016. However, my old school are now offering a permanent position. I've spoken to my old HoD and she'd love me back. My query is: as I'm on a fixed term contract (which could become permanent but I won't know till February) do I have to give the normal notice or can I give a month's notice? All advice gratefully received.

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

What type of school, LA or academy?

3. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

Your contract should say this!

4. Lucymci

Lucymci New commenter

It's LA ...contract doesn't mention anything (possibly down to Head who doesn't believe anyone would want to leave).

5. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter

Burgundy Book means your next resignation deadline is 31 October for 31 December. Head can exercise discretion.

6. I am currently running my own business alongside being a teacher. It is a real solution for people who are teaching - would you like to know more?x