1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Statistics Controlled Assessment

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by jnrblues, Mar 12, 2012.

1. jnrblues

jnrblues New commenter

Does anybody have any decent data to use for the Controlled Assessments for submission in May? I've been over and over the web and can't find anything suitable for any of the assignments based on what the teacher guidance booklets list as suitable websites. Any info on any of the assignments is welcome but I have particular interest in the athletics task given the Olympic year.

2. jnrblues

jnrblues New commenter

Does anybody have any decent data to use for the Controlled Assessments for submission in May? I've been over and over the web and can't find anything suitable for any of the assignments based on what the teacher guidance booklets list as suitable websites. Any info on any of the assignments is welcome but I have particular interest in the athletics task given the Olympic year.

3. A lot of my pupils found data on wikipedia, although that isn't the most reliable site. They just couldn't seem to find past results, apart from world records, on the Olympic site. Which was surprising!

4. lizlucy

lizlucy New commenter

5. I would be really interested if anyone had a large set of data for used car prices. The materials from AQA suggest finding the data from Parkers, but I fear that gathering 100-odd used car prices might take a little too long, and if I got the young-uns to do it themselves, they might get distracted by the pictures of shiney new cars. IN fact, so would I!

All help appreciated!