1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starting your own tuition centre - know any good books or websites about this?

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by lazzle, May 2, 2012.

1. I'm not sure about a tuition centre, but if you'd like tuition experience or to start building up a client list, try http://www.chalksy.com - it's an online tutoring marketplace.

I'm a Spanish tutor :)

2. Hi Laukell,

I have sent you a pm, thanks.

3. zm2010

zm2010 New commenter

Hi

Does anyone know if you have to register with the local council if you want to set up a tutoring business? If all your staff members have CRBs then what else do you need to have to work with children?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

4. Hi

I started a small agency a few years ago and read this book in preparation.

'How to Start and Run a Home Tutoring Business: A complete business start up manual for home tutors'

I think it would be worth having a look on Amazon. There may be something newer and better. The book helped me overcome some blockages that were holding me back and gave me the confidence to start out.

Good luck!

Best wishes

Chazz

5. Hi

I started a small agency a few years ago and read this book in preparation.

'How to Start and Run a Home Tutoring Business: A complete business start up manual for home tutors'

I think it would be worth having a look on Amazon. There may be something newer and better. The book helped me overcome some blockages and give me confidence to start out.

Good luck!

Chazz

MathMan1 likes this.
  6. Hi, where are you based, I am in Basildon and planning to start a Tuition centre as well. KIndly let me know all that will help to make this come true.

Have you got an offer yet for the centre?

7. I'm new on this site, how do you pm so that I can ask you questions? Thanks :)

8. mcsun

mcsun New commenter

Hi adelearn, Have you started your tuition centre in Basildon? I am into tuition business. I may be able to help you. please let me know. Regards... Sunny

9. mcsun

mcsun New commenter

Hi Smilta, Have you started your tuition centre yet? I am into tuition business, based in essex. I may be able to help you. please let me know. Regards... Sunny

10. Hi Sunny, I would like some advice in starting a tuition centre. Thanks

11. Hi Sunny,

I'll so much appreciate your assistance in terms of resources and advice as per starting my own tuition centre.

Tx

12. Hi sunny

I have sent you a pm. Your reply would be greatly appreciated.

Neda

13. Missfendi

Missfendi New commenter

Did you start yours up, i am in Essex