1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starting Up A New Psychology Department in a New Sixth Form - Help!

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by tinaw29, May 5, 2011.

1. I currently teach in an 11-16 school and we are building a new Sixth Form. I have been given the opportunity to head up the Psychology department and am building this from scratch!
    I am looking for ideas and recommendations for resources to buy and equipment etc.....
    I want to ask for as much as I can now before they start limiting my budget!
    I would also be grateful for any Useful Websites and resources.
    I will be writing all schemes of work and literally doing everything from scratch so any help would be most helpful. Would be very happy to pass on resources I develop to others.
    I have opted for AQA Spec A.
    Thanks in advance for all your help
    Tinaw29
    tinawilkinson@bthcc.org

2. I currently teach in an 11-16 school and we are building a new Sixth Form. I have been given the opportunity to head up the Psychology department and am building this from scratch!
    I am looking for ideas and recommendations for resources to buy and equipment etc.....
    I want to ask for as much as I can now before they start limiting my budget!
    I would also be grateful for any Useful Websites and resources.
    I will be writing all schemes of work and literally doing everything from scratch so any help would be most helpful. Would be very happy to pass on resources I develop to others.
    I have opted for AQA Spec A.
    Thanks in advance for all your help
    Tinaw29
    tinawilkinson@bthcc.org

3. A good place to get support is psychexchange.co.uk many psychology teachers with ideas and sharing resources. Be careful with choice of text books as many were rushed out with the new spec.
    Where are you in the country? A lot of us are sole in charge of a deptartment and will network with local schools.
    Good luck [​IMG]