1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starting to hate teaching!!!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Lindy621n, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Hi, I have recently finished my 16 months NQT time allowance and now having to apply for extensions. I wrote to all the local authorities but they didn't understand what I was requesting so I rang them up, half have told me I need to write in again and the other half say I have to apply to each individual school!!
    I'm so fed up. why do they have to make teaching so hard. I work hard and I'm a good teacher so why do they have to stop me from doing supply. I have applied for every job availbale over the past 2 years and keep getting down to the final two and being told I need more experience. So how I'm I supposed teach if no one will give me a job and it's so hard to get an extension!

2. Hi, I have recently finished my 16 months NQT time allowance and now having to apply for extensions. I wrote to all the local authorities but they didn't understand what I was requesting so I rang them up, half have told me I need to write in again and the other half say I have to apply to each individual school!!
    I'm so fed up. why do they have to make teaching so hard. I work hard and I'm a good teacher so why do they have to stop me from doing supply. I have applied for every job availbale over the past 2 years and keep getting down to the final two and being told I need more experience. So how I'm I supposed teach if no one will give me a job and it's so hard to get an extension!

3. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

You do not have to apply to each individual school but you do need to apply to each LA - they should have somebody who knows about this. It is a ridiculous situation and most people are not even aware of it. I don't want to depress you, but I was in the same boat a few years ago and have now pretty much given up on the idea of ever finishing induction.