1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starting Primary PGCE at Bangor Uni 2012?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by kcumston, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I just wondered if anyone else has heard yet whether they have been accepted for 2012 entry to a Bangor primary PGCE?
    I can't wait to find out where my placements will be!
    Just wondering what everyone else will be doing about accommodation? I think I will be travelling from home near Rhuthin but am not sure about the second term when we will be in every day January to April? Thinking of getting some accommodation if possible for that short stretch....
    Also, is anyone else travelling in every day from that area?
    Kelly

2. Hi,
    I just wondered if anyone else has heard yet whether they have been accepted for 2012 entry to a Bangor primary PGCE?
    I can't wait to find out where my placements will be!
    Just wondering what everyone else will be doing about accommodation? I think I will be travelling from home near Rhuthin but am not sure about the second term when we will be in every day January to April? Thinking of getting some accommodation if possible for that short stretch....
    Also, is anyone else travelling in every day from that area?
    Kelly

3. Hi Kelly,
    I'm on the PGCE upper course at Bangor starting September.
    I'm planning on commuting from Wrexham a bit of a trek but hopefully the school placements will be closer to home than the uni!
    I know a couple of students on this years course and one said that the cheapest option was a holiday cottage!
    Have you any idea if there is any preperation we can been doing before the start of the course? Plan to give the tutor a ring tomorrow and find out what they suggest.
    Richard

4. Hi,
    I have an interview for the Upper Primary course at Bangor!
    Could you give me any tips for the interview? Im very scared!
    Thanks, Beccy

5. Hi Richard,
    I have an interview on Friday for lower primary and I am from Wrexham. If I am successful would you be interested in car sharing for the commute? I understand it is about an hour and half drive from here.
    Nadine.

6. Hiya just for an update, I got onto the course! Yay :D