1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starting PGCE from 12th Sep,Is it alright to get an IUD fitted now?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by hummi7883, Aug 16, 2011.

1. hummi7883

hummi7883 New commenter

Hi
    I am looking for an answer from someone who has done PGCE and got an IUD fitted really late(near to the commence of PGCE) ,others are also welcome to advise.
    I have gathered how difficult and intensive a PGCE is and I am really silly to be having an appointment on thursday to get an IUD fitted because I don't wan't to keep worrying all year about('omg am i preg,y didnt my p turn up,etc?? )questions... I would already have plenty to worry about.
    So far I thought I made the right decision,but today I was just wondering that the initial few months is heavy bleeding,longer periods,pains etc...would I be able to cope..??
    I may not have longer periods but if I did???
    I ill be using a motor byke hopefully to commute and save time,n m sure this will cause concerns...
    I dont know where I am heading...but plzzzz advise if I am doing the right thing or not...
    Many thanks
    Hummi[​IMG]

2. hummi7883

hummi7883 New commenter

Hi
    I am looking for an answer from someone who has done PGCE and got an IUD fitted really late(near to the commence of PGCE) ,others are also welcome to advise.
    I have gathered how difficult and intensive a PGCE is and I am really silly to be having an appointment on thursday to get an IUD fitted because I don't wan't to keep worrying all year about('omg am i preg,y didnt my p turn up,etc?? )questions... I would already have plenty to worry about.
    So far I thought I made the right decision,but today I was just wondering that the initial few months is heavy bleeding,longer periods,pains etc...would I be able to cope..??
    I may not have longer periods but if I did???
    I ill be using a motor byke hopefully to commute and save time,n m sure this will cause concerns...
    I dont know where I am heading...but plzzzz advise if I am doing the right thing or not...
    Many thanks
    Hummi[​IMG]

3. You won't have time for sex during your PGCE so don't worry about pregnancy :)

4. hummi7883

hummi7883 New commenter

hahaha....[​IMG]

5. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

The effect of an IUD on periods can be very different. Mine did make my periods heavier and longer but I don't tend to get bad period pain so it was irritating but not a massive problem. It settled down after a few months and wouldn't have interfered with me getting on with a job or a PGCE.
    I have had a Mirena coil in the past. That almost stopped my periods so might be a better option for you.

6. hummi7883

hummi7883 New commenter

Thanks bombay saphire
    The merina one is I guess hormone based....I want to steer clear of hormone one as have had bad experience with cerazzette,mood swings etc....Hoping of less pain!!

7. I didnt get on with the coil. However the problems I had (spotting/bleeding for 20 days a month then recurring thrush) were annoying rather than actually disabling. I reckon go for it most people are fine anyway and if it is that bad you can always have it out.

8. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Senior commenter

So kind of you.

My advice would be to spend some time polishing up your written English so that things like;
    don't pop up while you're writing in front of children ....

9. hummi7883

hummi7883 New commenter

Thanks for all those who gave some helpful comments.[​IMG]
    And Mr.Harsh but true-Haahah...I find ppl lyk u in every discussion forums on the internet,who love to point out ppl's english and tell them how bad their language is,but i m used to these self proclaimed guru's...m not thin skinned n have a wonderful sense of humour,but i can guess u are someone in ur 40's who do not really understand the shorthand or the text language,so i really don't mind it,m not here to gain marks n grades on my work.
    Thank you so much,so kind of you!!![​IMG]

10. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Senior commenter

I'm so pleased you won't be teaching any of my children ...

(Eyes down for TES bingo)

11. hummi7883

hummi7883 New commenter

[​IMG]
    why??
    Are ur children not gonna learn science???????[​IMG]
    I bet they have worse text language than me...[​IMG]

12. I was going to reply with some sensible advice, but you have just mae yourself look like a childish fool so I won't bother.

13. hummi7883

hummi7883 New commenter

wow....pink flipflop,someone has just forgot fun.[​IMG]
    I don't think that harsh but fair has had any problem so far....
    Its not a matter of life and death,was just looking for some advise.
    Has PGCE made you that serious or is it just you...???
    Anyways would have loved it if you advised(as have seen some sensible advise from u to other ppl on here...),but never mind!!

14. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

hummi7883 I don't think you'll get much serious advice on any part of this forum if you carry on with the same attitude to other posters. There's a time and place for "txt spk" and this isn't it.

15. hummi7883

hummi7883 New commenter

Oh dear...Did I seem to be showing attitude?
    I am sorry for that,I did not mean to offend anyone.
    I thought my topic was not a very serious issue ,general advise would do the work.
    about the text speak thing,when you are clearly in a hurry and want some advise,you would go for text speak,its not that nobody could understand what I meant.
    to whom I responded in a fun way was who did not advise and had different things to talk about.
    I have thanked who advised!!!!
    Anyways,Thanks you for your advise too..no worries!!

16. <font size="2">hummi7883, I'm
    sorry but it's not just your text speak that is annoying, it's also your
    spelling! Do you know the difference between advice and advise, for example?</font>

You still need to spell as a science teacher..

Oh, and back to your initial question. I think it would be perfectly
    alright for you to have an IUD fitted now, your periods may be a bit heavier,
    you may get a bit more pain (this is with an IUD not a Mirena coil) but both should
    be manageable. [​IMG]