1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starting out in Art and Design

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by katemcd25, Oct 29, 2017.

1. katemcd25

katemcd25 New commenter

I'm a Primary School teacher moving to Secondary Art and Design. I have done a little volunteer work so got the jist of structure and not too phased by the behaviour management at this time. I'm looking really for information on how I can find some assessment criteria linked to NC. The only thing I can find on the Gov website is the Programmes of Study for KS1,2 and 3. Silly question alert: how do I know what to teach and when? The schools i volunteered in had PPs made up for each week and each year group but I don't know whether that is what happens in all schools? Any information to get started with my own classes would be massively helpful. Also, what happens in KS4 (sorry, another silly question I'm sure!). Thanks xx

2. samb09

samb09 New commenter

Hi, This is a great website to get you started. It is particularly good for KS4 resources and ideas. https://artroommess.wordpress.com/category/gcse-art-and-design/
    There are hundreds of free art and Design resources on TES including ready made schemes, assessment rubrics, presentations etc for different year groups. I would try and get together with a few HODS in your area to see their ks3 1-9 grade descriptors and work exemplar.

3. ScienceGuy

ScienceGuy Occasional commenter

Art KS4 courses will be based around the exam board specification that is studied in your school, Find out the board and then look in the TES resources - there will almost certainly be material / ideas for you to use

4. hs9981

hs9981 Occasional commenter

x curricular link here ^