1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starting off as a Maths Tutor - Suggestions needed.

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by SparkMaths, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

The Community is a feeder for TES' resource business and recruitment advertising. Did you honestly believe that it provides these fora out of the goodness of its heart?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  2. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

Not quite sure what your point is. If you want business and recruitment you don't have to use this forum. You choose to click on the forum section. If you want to upload resources or use the ones that others have put on, you don't need this section.

3. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

What any individual may do is not at issue. That the purpose of this Community is to feed TES' resource business & recruitment advertising is beyond question.

4. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

Sorry I never expected my post to start all this off.

As regards CRB or DBS I have been tutoring 17 years and never been asked for one so I don't think it's really an issue. Once you get started your biggest selling point should be recommendations from other students or parents. It's getting the first few students that is probably hardest.

langteacher likes this.
  5. SparkMaths

SparkMaths New commenter

No it's not your fault, you were really helpful and I'm very grateful to you and a couple of others who gave me a starting point.

Just looks like two people wanted to vent about their personal issues.

6. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

LOL at all the replies today on this thread! You guys really have nothing better to do while your tutees are at school, do you?

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  7. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

Perhaps you could let them out early to give us something more useful to do!

adamcreen likes this.
  8. David Getling

David Getling Lead commenter

Actually I only bother with TES while I'm having a bite to eat or a cuppa. Wouldn't waste my valuable time on it otherwise.

9. PeterDrake1000

PeterDrake1000 New commenter

[This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

10. jm900419

jm900419 New commenter

Private tutoring is becoming increasingly popular. There are many websites provide the best tutoring services. You just need to register them they are free. This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions] It is also a reputed website for professionals. You just need to register them, its free for cost.

11. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

Looks like an advert to me

12. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

That's what I thought. I'm surprised it was allowed as I thought they were meant to check the first few posts from new posters. Maybe they thought the rather strange English was more of an anti-advert. There have been several similar posts in broken English where the poster's user name is a tutoring website.