1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starting nursery- bathroom question

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by brettgirl2, Aug 16, 2012.

1. I agree with Mandala. Surely learning to use the toilet is part of pre school education? Also lots of children do not magically train by 3 and even if they are trained will still have the odd 'aiming' issue. Also my 3 year old still has help with bottom wiping, they are just babies. I think I've been spoilt by my daughter's nursery being really supportive and helpful with toilet training. That said I it is a bit off Giraffe not even trying and waiting until they start a new nursery at 3!

2. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

Hmmm, yes...school is in a 'challenging area'!
    It's the convenience of keeping them in nappies, unbelievable, I know, with the expense, then the poor little mites have to have us (strangers at first) changing and wiping them all day.
    The best parents are the ones who work with us closely on the matter.
    x

3. I don't know many 3 year olds who can wipe themselves. How ridiculous! My EYFS adviser is on leave at the moment but I'll ask her when she's back. I believe nurseries have a duty of care to children which, unfortunately for them, includes caring for kids on the potty as well! That makes me very cross.