1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starting MFL tutoring?

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by anon2460, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Hi,

I'm a university student at the moment (in my third year of a 4 year French and German degree) and I'm thinking about a career in teaching once I graduate. I've been lucky in the fact I've had some school experience, though I'm trying to get more, and I was also wondering about tutoring as I think it'd be a good thing to put in my personal statement to show commitment to the job. I'm not in it for the money at all and wouldn't want to charge as I'm not a qualified teacher and am looking to get as much experience in working with young people as I can particularly in my degree subjects. Please could you advise me if I'm thinking along the right lines - does what I'm trying to do make sense? Also, what's the best way to go about tutoring? I'd only be happy to work with pupils up to GCSE as I feel that as I don't have a degree although I am working towards one, it really wouldn't be fair on any potential tutees.

Any advice or links to useful websites etc would be very much appreciated!

2. Hi,

I'm a university student at the moment (in my third year of a 4 year French and German degree) and I'm thinking about a career in teaching once I graduate. I've been lucky in the fact I've had some school experience, though I'm trying to get more, and I was also wondering about tutoring as I think it'd be a good thing to put in my personal statement to show commitment to the job. I'm not in it for the money at all and wouldn't want to charge as I'm not a qualified teacher and am looking to get as much experience in working with young people as I can particularly in my degree subjects. Please could you advise me if I'm thinking along the right lines - does what I'm trying to do make sense? Also, what's the best way to go about tutoring? I'd only be happy to work with pupils up to GCSE as I feel that as I don't have a degree although I am working towards one, it really wouldn't be fair on any potential tutees.

Any advice or links to useful websites etc would be very much appreciated!