1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starting GTP after Easter and been given no indication on what I am doing?!?!?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by welshwizard, Apr 8, 2011.

1. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

I am assuming this is all pukka and not just the school telling you that you are doing a GTP?You should have received guidance and information from the EBITT( the University or SCITTinvolved) who are responsible for planning and directing funding. Check with them first as they must also have some registration process or system. It is unusual to have a post Easter start most programmes begin September or January

2. cupofteacher

cupofteacher New commenter

If you are a GTP through a provider and are supernumary to staff then you should be following a strict timetable with limited responsibilities. If you are included as a member of staff with their own timetable and your GTP is self funded (i.e the school pay your wages not the TDA) then the school can ask you to do whatever duties they deem reasonable