1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starting Dates for 2011/2012 PGCE courses

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by lucy0806, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Does anyone know when 2011/2012 PGCE courses are likely to start? Is it likely to be the first week in September or mid-September like most University courses?
    Thanks

2. Hi,
    Does anyone know when 2011/2012 PGCE courses are likely to start? Is it likely to be the first week in September or mid-September like most University courses?
    Thanks

3. Whilst I haven't had any information about course start dates direct from my ITT provider (IOE), they have told me that I have to arrange for one week PSE (Primary School Experience) for the first week in September (5-9th). So my assumption would be that the PGCE will kick off the following week - the 12th September.

(Having just checked the IOE have provisional term dates on their website saying that PGCE begins 5th September.)

4. It varies, but usually PGCE terms are longer than degree courses, starting earlier and finishing later. Some even start at the end of August, but first week of September is common, while some don't start until later in the month. On Secondary PGCE, often the first week or two are spent in primary placement.

5. I have been provisionally told 5th September by my uni for Primary. I've quickly booked two weeks A/L to run till the end of August, so I'll be finishing my job two weeks earlier [​IMG]
    The admin on my course told me that PGCE courses typically start a few weeks earlier than than the standard university term, if that helps anyone.