1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starting BEd Primary... help on ordering Letters and Sounds?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by im1190, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Hey everyone. Today I got my A-Level results and have my place on a four year BEd Primary Education course confirmed. Yayy!

I was just wondering how I got about ordering the Letters and Sounds publications. On the DfE website I can only see it available to downloads, but would really like to order it instead, as I have the EYFS pack already, and it is much easier to use than the downloaded counterparts!

Anyone know where I can get it? Thank you in advance.

2. quietlydetermined

quietlydetermined New commenter

We were each given a copy when we started the course so I'd wait and see if you get one too!

3. I ended up with a free copy from university as well - in addition to hard copies of all sorts of policy documents and frameworks!
    OP, I would suggest that you wait and see, but in the meantime, bookmark the page where you can download it from so you can find it again if necessary!

4. I did GTP and was given a copy by the Uni - have had to gaurd it with my life though as people in bioth schools I did my NQT year have tried to pinch it!

5. Same happened with my hard copy of the literacy and numeracy strategies come to think of it!

6. I was also given a hard copy. I did not look at it once - massive error on my part?!

7. They no longer produce hard copies so if you want one you will have to print it off yourself.

8. I can also confirm this. They haven't been produced since the new Government came into power, same with the National Curriculum and EYFS documents as far as I know. Last year when I was doing my PGCE, copies of L & S were going on Ebay for £50 plus.
    Your best bet is to see if you can find an old copy or perhaps wait until you start the course and see if they provide you with one.