1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starting as an NQT supply

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by scross24, Sep 25, 2017.

1. scross24

scross24 New commenter

Hi everyone,

I officially start my teaching career doing supply tomorrow!
    I'm really excited but also a little nervous as it will be my first time doing supply.

Just wondering if anyone has any general advice for primary supply teachers for settling in/getting used to the job? Mainly thinking how am I going to be completely prepared with only half an hour to get to know what I'm doing in the morning!? Would be great to generally here some advice/experiences

2. Lynn Whitmore

Lynn Whitmore New commenter

Hi you'll have found this out by now but as primary get to know the kids asap, any special provision, how to get the TAs to work for you, any areas of concern and any planning and resources that may have been left. You need to know where the printer/photocopier is, policies for safeguarding and how parents collect their kids, and who is authorised to do this. I hope it went well on Tuesday!

pepper5 likes this.