1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starting Art & Design PGCE in Sept.. any advice on prep?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by josiejosie, Mar 24, 2011.

1. josiejosie

josiejosie New commenter

Congratulations Mimi, I'm also starting Art & Design Secondary this Sept, at the Institute. I feel there's loads to prepare, judging by how intense the PGCE year sounds. I've been sorting out my work space, filing etc and getting a working wardrobe together (didn't have one - realised all my clothes made me look like a teenager!)... have also been reading up on the numeracy skills test and practice questions as I'd like to get that out of the way early on.
    Everybody says one of the most important things is to relax over summer and have a good break and recharge - so I will also be doing that!
    I had a further thought with regards to the subject - I'm a big fan of flea markets and car boots and thought I might indulge myself by picking up the odd teaching prop, interesting small objects etc for pupils to draw, to make an inspiring environment etc. Am also scouring art books, images etc that might inspire lessons...