1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Starting an enterprise after school club

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by lozgreeny, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Hello!
    I am look for advice from anybody who has set up their own "young enterprisey" after school club.
    I have browsed the forums but nothing too much has come up.
    I am currently looking at starting up the club to year 10s but am not sure what sort of a budget I would need to get it up and running. Does anybody do anything similar in their school?
    Ideas I have come up with as possible taks and sales pitches for them could be
    • stationary
    • smoothies/ milkshakes
    • creating APPs
    • badges
    • bracelets
    • jewellery
    Has anybody tired any of these ideas before?

I was thinking of contacting local businesses to see if they are willing to contribute a small amount for the pupils to start their businesses and giving all proceeds to charity.

Thanks

2. Hello!
    I am look for advice from anybody who has set up their own "young enterprisey" after school club.
    I have browsed the forums but nothing too much has come up.
    I am currently looking at starting up the club to year 10s but am not sure what sort of a budget I would need to get it up and running. Does anybody do anything similar in their school?
    Ideas I have come up with as possible taks and sales pitches for them could be
    • stationary
    • smoothies/ milkshakes
    • creating APPs
    • badges
    • bracelets
    • jewellery
    Has anybody tired any of these ideas before?

I was thinking of contacting local businesses to see if they are willing to contribute a small amount for the pupils to start their businesses and giving all proceeds to charity.

Thanks